EU Policy Assistant
Call for application - EU Policy Assistant
EIM – the trade association representing rail infrastructure managers in Europe – is seeking for a temporary ‘’EU Policy Assistant’’ to join the policy department and support the advocacy work, as soon as possible for a period of six months.
• Assist in the development and implementation of EIM’s advocacy activities;
• Contribute to the monitoring of and reporting on EU transport policy developments;
• Assist in the preparation of external newsletters and other PR tools;
• Attend and report on relevant EU institutional meetings and external events;
• Organisation of meetings and events (invitations, registrations, catering, minutes etc);
• General support to the Policy Department.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field (law; economics; European studies; international relations).
• Thorough knowledge of the EU legislative and decision-making procedures.
• English native or close-to-native speaker-level.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Fully computer literate.
• Well organized, reliable and able to prioritise multiple tasks.
• Ability to work in an international work environment.
• Good networking skills.
• Some previous professional experience (e.g. six months) with the EU Institutions or private sector.
• Proficiency of French.
• Knowledge of a Scandinavian language (i.e. Swedish; Danish; Finnish or Norwegian).
What we offer
• Six-months paid* position (*contract d’ immersion professionelle).
• Experience in public policy and advocacy as part of a dynamic trade association.
• In-depth learning of the transport industry’s priorities and activities.
• Opportunity to work in close contact with the European Union’s institutions and officials.
• Attendance of high-level events and conferences.
Deadline for application: 24th March 2017
Starting date: as soon as possible (ideally end of March/beginning of April).
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter, detailing all relevant experience, to: Tommaso.Spanevello@eimrail.org stating ‘’EU Policy Assistant’’
This is a temporary position for six months. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To download the call for application : EU Policy Assistant.pdf