EU Legal and Policy Expert
Call for application – EU Legal and Policy Expert
EIM – the trade association representing rail infrastructure managers in Europe – is seeking for a ‘EU Legal and Policy Expert’’ to join its policy department and support the advocacy work.
• Analyzing legal affairs in the railway sector (e.g. 4th Railway Package, Passengers’ rights, Infringement proceedings, Funding) and their possible impact on rail infrastructure managers;
• Liaising with EU institutions, sectoral associations and other stakeholders to advocate EIM’s position;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of EIM’s advocacy activities;
• Contribute to the monitoring of and reporting on EU transport policy developments.
• University degree in law;
• 2 or more years’ professional experience in transport law sector / professional experience commensurate with the seniority of the role;
• Experience in the transport sector, preferably railways;
• Thorough knowledge of the EU legislative and decision-making procedures;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• English native or close-to-native speaker-level;
• Excellent communication and writing skills;
• Well organized, reliable and able to prioritise multiple tasks;
• Ability to work in an international work environment;
• Good networking skills.
• Proficiency of French preferable;
• Knowledge of a Scandinavian language (i.e. Swedish; Danish; Finnish or Norwegian) or German would be an asset.
What we offer
• Permanent and full-time job contract; conditions negotiable depending on candidate profile;
• Experience in public policy and advocacy as part of a dynamic trade association;
• In-depth learning of the transport industry’s priorities and activities;
• Opportunity to work in close contact with the European Union’s institutions and officials;
• Attendance of high-level events and conferences.
Deadline for application: 20th April 2018
Starting date: as soon as possible
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter, detailing all relevant experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘’EU Legal and Policy Expert”.
To download the call for application : EU Legal and Policy Expert